Sunday 4 August 2013

HAeD's Treasure Dragon Christmas Stocking

Page 4 is complete!

I've decided to try the "parking" method, and omg, it's like taking the escalator instead of the stairs! Soooo much faster!

I wish this photo was clearer, but my iPad doesn't have a flash and it was kind of dark in my office, but you can see some of the outline of his cheeky face.

I am now 61% done! The hump has been crossed, it should be all downhill from here.  (Looks at patten and shudders)  Er, yeah, downhill...

I'll post the next update at the completion of page 5.  I'll be keeping a rather low profile until then.

~Rai Rai

10 comments:

  1. It's looking awesome! Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, it's really starting to take shape now!

      Delete
  2. Hello Rai-Rai

    Your dragon is looking great!
    I've never tried this stitching method before.
    Have a good week (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meggie, using the parking method definitely is dragster if you are doing a project with several colors that are constantly changing, but the downside is it can be confusing. You have to make sure that your colors are being parked in the correct hole, or you will have a real hot mess on your hands! But it is faster. Like, waaay

      Delete
    2. harder, not dragster. Sometimes auto correct is a real pain!

      Delete
  3. He looks fantastic! I love his face too. The parking method is one of my favourite way of stitching especially confetti heavy charts like HAED. I really don't remember how I use to stitch before I discovered parking, but I will never go back to it whatever it was LOL!
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im LOVING their king method! Absolutely loving it! I am a convert!

      Delete
  4. Hi just found your blog and put you on my blog list hope it's ok. Love your stitching. crossstitchangel@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's ok! I will follow you as well!

      Welcome!

      Delete
  5. I've never tried the parking method but i've seen others using it and am thinking of giving it a try, he's coming along beautifully, see you again when page 5 is complete :)

    ReplyDelete