Sunday 25 November 2018

Generations, Pages 2, 7 and 12 are Complete


There is quite a bit of confetti in these manes, let me tell you, but I can't express in words how much I love the foals little black mane that sticks straight up.   It's adorable. And did I mention I am now 1/2 way through this project?   I love the halfway mark, it always gives me a sense of accomplishment!

I'm hoping to have one more update by the end of the year so I have three more pages in which to tally for my yearly stats, but I won't come anywhere close to last year.  But I'm okay with that. I only ever keep track because I'm curious as to just how much stitching I actually do. And I realize that I do a lot.  An awful lot.

Normally I'm quite hard on myself for making myself switch up projects when I get to the end of a cage, but this next page has the foal and the mares face and I just cannot leave them faceless.  It's such a peaceful, beautiful pattern that I think Wind Moon will have to wait just a touch longer.  But she will be back on my stand in the New Year.  I've committed to accepting that she is a multi year project and when I pull her out I will likely stitch a row before she goes back into storage. 

Anyway, the weather has turned and now instead of air conditioner stitching, it's stitching under a blanket with a cat on my lap for warmth kind of days. My favourite kind of days, to be honest.  Especially when rain is hitting my windows, because then I feel I'm exactly where I should be, which is snuggled up with a needle in hand. 

I hope to see you all one more time before the new year.  Wish me luck!!!


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous progress. I agree with you his mane is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m looking forward to stitching the rest of this little rascal soon!

      Delete
  2. Love your progress it's so detailed. Happy stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so addicted to full coverage cross stitch now, I find all others boring!but full coverage is so detailed. I just love it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I haven’t been as busy as I’d wanted to be. I keep getting distracted by PS4 games!

      Delete
  4. wow! lovely work! congratulations

    ReplyDelete