Monday 8 October 2018

Pages 1, 6 and 11 of Generations






After my epic trip to England and Scotland, where I really didn't stitch much, except for on the plane, my stitching bug is back with a vengeance. All I want to do is sit and stitch.

This is the first time I've ever stitched down a pattern and not across. I absolutely had to finish the beautiful face on the horse, it seemed a crime to leave the nose and lower face unstitched.  This is the full length of the piece.  Usually I would switch it up for Wind Moon at this point, but since this project has been neglected for so long, I think I'll stitch another page at least.

I just started using easy guide needles.  They are a needle with a tiny ball on the end of them.  OMG, love, love love!!!   Easy Guide Needles 24 and Easy Guide Needles 26.  They aren't cheap, but they are sooo nice to stitch with.  They just sort of find the hole in the fabric by themselves, with very little work from me and they cut down on thread splitting or accidentally catching a bit of fabric that belongs to the next hole.  The only criticism is they are nearly impossible to thread through stitched threads for finishing a thread, but I keep another needle handy and just thread it in order to run my thread under my stitches.  I'm trying my best to post a link to where to buy them.  Fingers crossed it works.  This is the only actual cross stitch store I've been able to find them on.

Let me know if you've ever tried them and what you think.  


8 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of progress. Im glad your stitchy bug is back. Love looking at what your up to in stitching. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Technically I didn’t lost my stitchy bug, I was too busy touring castles and palaces to actually stitch, but now that I’m home I’m making up for lost time.
      I’m well in to the next page now, so hopefully it won’t be too long before I have another update for you.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful progress! I don't blame you. I just got back from vacation and feel the same way. I want to stitch it all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually when I’m on vacation I have time to stitch, at least a little bit. But I was so busy on this vacation that there wasn’t time.
      Boy am I making up for it now.
      Except I burnt my thumb, so it might hinder my progress a bit.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun trip :) Beautiful stitching... That's interesting about the easy guide needles, I've never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing!
      I’d heard about the needles a few times but refused to pay the shipping on them, but finally a Canadian company sells them and they really are all that!

      Delete
  4. OMG that face is gorgeous, I can understand why you had to break with tradition to stitch it. I miss my stitching so much when I've had to leave it for a while. I hope you get alot of stitching time in now your home. Hope you had a great time on your trip. Which I'm sure you did
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he had an absolutely handsome face as well! I’ve been working hard on this and hope to have a page finish In a week or so. I might keep going and finish the next page as well, and then it will be half finished. I can’t wait to stitch that sweet little foals face.
      And OMG England and Scotland were beautiful!

      Delete