Sunday 18 March 2018

Meeting on the Turret Stairs (mini) is Complete




Completed on March 17th. Note, it had just come off the Q-snaps when I took this photo, so this is why you see a slight wave in the piece.  This was my first mini and I was a bit dubious as to how much detail would be lost on one, but when it came down to it, the only place I really noticed was on the hand that grasped in the knights embrace.  Other than that I was really happy with the detail.  I remember seeing a photo of a mini Adrift and I really couldn't tell the difference between them.

I'll be taking her to get framed in a few weeks and will post a photo of her ready to be hung on my wall.






A while back I decided to take the time to label where in my cabinet my DMC threat sits. This was an arduous procedure, as I, being to darn fussy for my own good, decided that I needed to cut each label down to size and put a border on it.  The reason why I did this was I noticed when it came to changing floss for projects, and as I usually have 2 projects going at the same time, that it was hard to determine where my floss went, without putting all of floss back from both projects and then pulling them again for the old project and the new.  This was time consuming and a big fat PITA, so I took the time to label my spaces.  What a difference it made! I was able to pop all of my threats from Turret Stairs back within minutes and pull the threads I need for my new project.

New project, you ask?   Why yes, I do have one lined up.  My next project will be another mini. Generations, by Laura Prindle.  I plan on hanging this one in my office at work,  when I'm done.
I think it's stunning and the polar opposite of Wind Moon, both in colour and size. 


So there you have it.  That's all my news I have for you at this time.

Happy stitching, kindred's.


13 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing another HAED! (you are making me feel ashamed!) Turret Stairs is so romantic, and the detail looks great. Looking forward to seeing progress on Generations as well. It looks like an easy stitch. Happy stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I agree, this is such a romantic pattern.
      So far Generations hasn’t been too bad, confetti wise, but it does have its fair share! I will be sure to post updates.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a fabulous finish! I think the detail really looks fantastic. I'm sure some of the Minis are better than others, just depending on the level of detail in the original design.

    Your new choice is lovely and a good change from your larger piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you, Justine. I don’t think a Josephine Wall would transfer well into a mini, for example, but this one was just fine.

      I’m super happy with the results.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your HAED finish. I LOVE the new one. Can't wait to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I love Generations too. I’m making good progress with it so far and I’ll post an update as soon as I have one.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on a fabulous finish

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic finish, I can't wait to see it framed!
    A great storage system, labeling is a pain but does make it so much easier.
    Such a precious new start you'll be working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I had to pack it away because we were doing renovations, but now that's all done, I'll pull it out and wash it and ready it for framing. Hopefully it will be done in a month or so.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete