Wednesday 24 January 2018

First Page Finish of the Year

Meeting on the Turret Stairs pages 8 and 9.

That's a row finish. I'm now 79% done this project. I only have 3 partial pages left, about 3/4 of a page each. The end is in sight.  It's funny, because as I was stitching the last page, I was wondering why the knight had one slim grey leg and one fat beige leg.  It wasn't 'til I was done and had a photo of my work that I could see that the beige fat leg was actually part of the pillar of the turret.  Sometimes when I'm working on a HaED, the pattern doesn't make sense to me, but I just trust it and carry on.  It eventually makes sense.  

AND I will be continuing to work on this, as Wind Moon is currently at a friend's house, a talented, talented seamstress, who is making me a carrying case for my huge Quantum frame, so I can transport Wind Moon easily to Stitch-n-Bitch on Sundays. She's making me a case that I can sling over my shoulder.  I will, of course, brag  share with you all when I finally get it.

I haven't been stitching as much as I normally do, as I have discovered the wonderful world of Assassins Creed, and have been traveling through London, circa 1869 and killing blighters.  It's seriously digging into my stitching time, but I can't help it. I've never played video games before, other than Mahjong and Tetris.  It's pretty fun, but the graphics are fantastic. I often forget to do my mission and I just wander aimlessly through the game looking at the sights, which makes me the worst gamer ever. But the shiny will soon wear off and I will be back to my project soon enough.

I promise the stitching bug will bite again, but updates may be slower than usual.

I may just blaze through these next three pages, so hopefully the next update will be a project finish. That's the plan, anyway.





7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your row finish. Boy you are just flying with this one. My son LOVES Assassin Creed series and actually has learned so much history for the series it's amazing. Enjoy your gaming time and hopefully your stitching works it's way into your hands every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s funny, I don’t feel like I’m flying, it’s probably because all of the gaming I’m doing. The assassins Creed series are really quite fantastic. I love the historical elements to them, and the graphics are simply amazing.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful...the colours are gorgeous. I think you're flying with it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t get as many hours to stitch anymore, so it feels like I’m going so slow, but I’m excited to finish it.

      Delete
  3. My 2 favourite past times, stitching and gaming. I completely understand about forgetting the mission and going sightseeing instead. It's one of the best graphic games out there in my opinion. Congrats on another amazing page/row finish. I too had to do a double take on the knights leg situation. LOL!
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assasins Creed Syndicate was really good! I’m now playing Assasins Creed Unity, which takes place in the French Revolution. Sooo, so addicted!
      Ha ha ha, I’m glad I’m not the only one confused by his leg. I’m just starting to stitch the bottom of his leg now and it’s making better sense to me now. I’m hoping to have a project finish in a month or so. (Providing I can stay off the game)

      Delete
  4. So sorry for the late reply to your lovely words. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete