Tuesday 27 June 2017

Wind Moon, Pages 6 and 7, Full Row is Complete

 Pages 7 and 8.


And a full row is done. 

Thanks to my superior math skills (not) I am actually 12% done, not 1%.  There's a reason I'm not a mathematician. 

So, I posted an update on the Heaven and Earth page and someone pointed out to me that the colours on this seemed "off".  I've seen this project's updates on the HaED Yuku page and it seems just right. I remember when I first saw a wip, I thought it stitched up a little darker than the picture shows, but I still thought it was beautiful.  But this person tagged me to a finished mini where it was much brighter than this one.  So I went on a bit of a research mission, which is not easy, as this is retired from HaED. I found a comment where someone mentioned that this design was re-charted in 2013. 
I'm just wondering if anyone here knows more about that? I'm just curious as to what the difference is.

I bought Indigo Moon and Amethyst Moon when HaED retired Nene Thomas from their list of artists, and I thought I'd had Wind Moon in my stash, but it turns out I did not, so due to Nene just retiring from HaED, Ebay was chock a block full of patterns.  So I bought this one and mini Asaria, assuming they would be the latest copies. But now I'm wondering if my copy is an older copy?  Both patterns were in pristine condition when I received them, and show no sign of wear. I guess it's always possible that  it was someone's old stash, it just seems unlikely. 

At this point I'm only just curious, because A) the chance of getting my hands on the re-charted version is slim and B) I'm 7 pages in and not starting again. I don't really care if she's darker, I'm just going to enjoy the journey and see how she turns out.  The WIP I saw on the Yuku site was beautiful, so if she turns out half as nice, I will be happy.   It just made me go hmmm.

It's coming up to my birthday next month, and it's a biggie. So I've been spoiling myself rotten!  I managed to get my hands on a corner clamp for my Lowery stand (Thanks to Gemma at Lowery for that) and I've ordered a Quantum frame that I intend to use on Wind Moon.  I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!!  Spoiled is me!

Well that's really all the news I have to share at the moment.   I hope to have an update of Turret for you in a few short weeks. 


8 comments:

  1. Amazing progress! I think she looks gorgeous and as you've already started you're right not to worry about a different version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right! And now that I've looked into it more, I really think they were comparing it to the mini, which is always different.
      I'm more curious than anything.

      Delete
  2. Somewhere on the HAED forums there is a board about corrections to patterns...could there possibly have been a mistake in the pattern? Maybe you got a right one and someone else got a wrong one? If you like it, it doesn't really matter anyway, right? I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a look and even though it goes back to 2005, I could find nothing on Wind Moon other than that one comment. I think they were probably comparing it to a mini, which is quite different.

      Delete
  3. Great progress. I like the way you zig-zag your edges so you don't get page lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a new hing I'm trying. I usually feather my columns, which is 10 stitches, then 12, bu I could still see a line, so now I'm trying the zig zag. I hope it works better.

      Delete
  4. Adrift is absolutely beautiful, you and your framer did a fantastic job of choosing the perfect mat and frame for her.
    Turret Stairs is another gorgeous stitch, I am glad to hear that the Mini charts don't lose any detail as I have one in my stash.

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 🤗 Which mini do you have in your stash?

      Delete