Thursday 15 June 2017

Meeting on the Turret Stairs Page 4 is Complete (and A Little Something More)



I am love, love, loving this project.  I'm especially loving how fast it's stitching up.  I now have 36% of the project completed.  I'm telling you, mini's are the way to go!  I kind of wish I had Wind Moon and my other Nene Thomas patterns as mini's, but there you go. I've already lined up my next two projects to stitch against Wind Moon, and now that I have an excellent and affordable framer, I can get these projects framed as soon as they are complete.

Speaking of excellent and affordable framers, just look at what my talented framer did with Adrift!

It's not the best photo because there was so much reflection in the glass, but it gives you the idea of the matting and frame.  I think he did a beautiful, beautiful job.  My one conundrum is where to hang her, though. She's really big and finding a wall that is appropriate is more difficult than I imagined it would be.  I obviously want her to be in the public area and not my bedroom, but I'm having trouble deciding where.  I think I just need to hold my breath, pick and spot and commit to it.

I also have Winter Hat Owl in getting framed.  I should have him back in a week or two.  I chose the reddest metal frame that I could find and it really pops the pattern.  I can't wait to see it.  I will, of course, share with you as soon as I get it back.

I'm off to work on Wind Moon and should have a row finish  for you in a couple of weeks.



18 comments:

  1. Great stitching, and the mermaid looks amazing framed up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm super happy with the job my framer did.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on another page finish; you're right it is stitching up very quickly!
    Adrift looks absolutely stunning too. You and your framer have done a perfect job there. Out of curiosity, how big is she? Looking forward to seeing the owl in his bright red frame! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inches she is 26 wide and 34 1/2 tall, so she's pretty big.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! Adrift looks absolutely wonderful!!!!
    Congrats on a great progress too on your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I chose the frame because it looks like little bubbles, which I thought tied in to the piece nicely.

      Delete
  4. Adrift turned out amazing! The colors of the mat and frame go so well with the project! I've got a few mini's and maybe it's time to pull one of them out of stash. I've tried a Quick Stitch and there is nothing quick about those which is why I've been leary of a mini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because my entire time I was stitching her I was envisioning a reddish/orange mat for her, but when we laid her out it just didn't work. I think the colours we picked complimented her more. The mat is actually a soft mauve. It's really pretty.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful progress. I just love the frame for Adrift. Perfect. Glad you found a good framing place. My LNS has really fantastic prices too so I'm thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a difference a good framer makes! I've told him he can never ever retire!

      Delete
  6. Adrift looks incredible! I think a red frame for owl will be perfect. I can't wait to see him too. I love your wips on Turret. It is such beautiful artwork and even as a mini, it looks amazing in stitches. Great job stunner xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red frame is adorable and I will post a picture with my next update, which should be any day now.
      Turret seems to be stitching up so fast. I'm nearly halfway done the project!

      Delete
  7. So glad that Adrift is back, the frame is lovely! You will have to put her somewhere super visible, she is beautiful. Interesting about the mini, I was always worried there would be a loss in detail. Turret looks great though, no loss of detail that I can see from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels very strange looking at her complete. Part of me can't quite believe that I stitched her!
      You know, I had he the same misgivings toward Turret, but I'm happy to see the detail is coming out just fine!

      Delete
  8. Adrift is absolutely beautiful, you and your framer did a fantastic job of choosing the perfect mat and frame for her.
    Turret Stairs is another gorgeous stitch, I am glad to hear that the Mini charts don't lose any detail as I have one in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have to honestly say that my framer rocks! He's so patient! His wife stitches and when I brought in Adrift he ran and got his wife. But he didn't hurry me at all when trying to decide on the matting and frame.
      I'm very happy with how Turret is turning out too. I'm sure I will notice loss of detail on the knights outfit. But I'm happy to see that their faces stayed intact. I think I'm always going to have a mini on the go from here on in.

      Delete
  9. Great progress. I like the way you zig-zag your edges so you don't get page lines.

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned by error. Tension is my weakness in stitching. I do seem to vary it slightly so the zig zagging and feathering helps. Sometimes I can still see the likes tho... 🙁

      Delete