Tuesday 1 August 2017

Meeting on the Turret Stairs, Pages 4 and 5 - ROW FINISH




I know, I know, it's supposed to be a Wind Moon update, but I have a pretty good excuse.  I decided to purchase a Quantum Frame, one that would fit my crazy large Wind Moon. 
For those of you who don't know what a Quantum frame is, behold!  It's the same concept as the Millennium frame, but without the bad customer service and the year long wait.  I had my frame within a month of ordering.  I can personally say I recommend the Omanik factory.  Plus they sent me chocolate in my order. Seriously, who does that? 

Because my frame is so long (90 cm) I also ordered the extra long 14" adapter from Sew and Sew, which I am still waiting for.

When I received my frame, I got so excited to load up my project, so I did immediately.  Er... well, "immediately" might be stretching the truth by a bit.  I attempted  to load my project.  Several FlossTube tutorial video's later, I had it nice and even on my frame, but it was too big for my stand without my adapter.  So I'm waiting for that to arrive before I work on Wind Moon again.  I can tell you I'm itching to work on it. So much so I'm considering taking it out of the frame.  Please, somebody talk me out of doing this! 

But, Wind Moon's loss was Turret Stairs' gain.  I'm done another row and am now officially more than half way done the project. And as I'm off to Toronto on Wednesday, this will be the project I take with me, so there may be another Turret update before you see Wind Moon again. 

I think I also forgot to post a picture of Winter Hat Owl all framed up in his clever red frame. 

Here you go! 

That's about all I have to report at this time. Now I must run and do a marathon laundry/packing/cleaning because I fly out tomorrow at 5:50 am, which means I have to be at the airport at 4:50, which means I have to be up at 3 am.  *Insert not-impressed emoticon here* I think there is going to be some sleeping on the plane instead of stitching. 




15 comments:

  1. Winter Hat Owl looks fantastic; definitely the right choice of frame there.
    And well done on your second row finish of Meeting on the Turret Stairs. It looks great!
    I hope you get on well with your new frame too. Wind Moon definitely needs some attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! I completely agree about the frame, as soon as we put it next to the owl, it really tied it together.
      I'm happy to say I was good and didn't pull Wind Moon off the frame and am travelling with Turret. It's lighter and smaller anyway, but as soon as my extender arrives I will be working on Wind Moon like mad!

      Delete
  2. I love that feeling when you're itching to stitch on a project! Turret Stairs is really coming along fast and the detail is fantastic. I know you were a bit worried with it being a Mini but I hope you're happy with it.

    Winter Owl looks fantastic - great choice of frame!

    Hope you have a fabulous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super happy with how Turret is stitching up. I'm so happy with it that I think mini's are the way for me to go (that is if a mini is available, that is)
      I have my frame extender and I'm back working on Wind Moon. I stitched so much yesterday that my hand now hurts. The prices we pay, hey?

      Delete
  3. I love the Omanik Quantum so much that I now have 4 different sizes. Ranging from the 30 cm to the 90 cm. Anton is really good to deal with and you are so right about the fast service. Enjoy the new frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with my Quantum that I think I will get one for my minis. So far it's an amazing frame. I'm over the moon happy.

      Delete
  4. Well, at least you have something else to keep you busy!
    I love your Winter Hat Owl, he's adorable!
    I hope this is a fun trip to Toronto, we had a great time there in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Astrid, Toronto was a good time, it always is. Great friends, good food and a little trip to Tiffanys for a birthday surprise. And I even managed to get some stitching done too.

      Delete
  5. It's looking great! Winter Owl is adorable - red was a great color choice for the frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claudette. When I was picking out frames and I put the red beside it, here was just no question that this was the perfect frame. I still don't know where I'm going to hang the little guy, but he'll go somewhere special.

      Delete
  6. Wow please let me know how you go with the Quantum frame. I have the Millenium as you mentioned it took over a year for a frame and extender to arrive - I want to get another frame but prepared to wait that long again. The Quantum looks really sturdy too.
    Beautiful job on finishing 2 pages on Turret. It looks amazing. And Winter Owl looks perfect in that red frame. Another masterpiece for your wall. Congratulations!
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only speak for the Quantum, because I've never seen the millennium in real life, but I am over the moon happy with mine. The tension is wonderful! Like a drum tight! I've heard that it is a little lighter than the Millenium as well.
      Honestly I've yet to hear a bad word spoken about Anton or his company and I admin a Facebook group for stands and frames. So if there were issues I'd hear about it. I say go for it and get yourself a Quantum. I think you'll love it too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the advice. I think I will give it a go! xo

      Delete
  7. Thanks Sok. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying my blog.

    ReplyDelete