Saturday 27 May 2017

Pages 4 and 5 of Wind Moon and a Little Something More


Pages 5 and 6. 

Completed so far. 

So I noticed a few lines in the project so far, so I'm not sure that my feathering effect is working on this one, so I've opted for the zig-zag style of page finishing. It's a bit more finicky than feathering, but not much.  Feathering seems to be working just fine on Under the Turret Stairs, so I'm perplexed why I'm seeing column lines on Wind Moon, but there it is.  I'm glad I caught it early.

When I went to update my progress bar, I notice my progress went down by 1%.  I guess I had the math wrong and I wasn't so far as 2% done.  I'm only 1% done.   That took a bit of the wind out of my sales, and it's definitely time to work on something else for a while. 

And now for something more that I promised you.

Guess who's this week's Blogger of the Week?  Why this stitcher, right here. 

 

Click here to read all about me!  (Insert Despicable Me soundtrack)  Thanks to Jo for running the Blogger of the Week. 

That's about all the news there is to share.  I hope to have an update for you soon as I start on row 2 of Meeting on the Turret Stairs.




12 comments:

  1. Wow congrats on your 2 page finish, I also have this chart so it will be nice to see how it looks all stitch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's been a pretty quick stitch, which is why I'm stitching two pages at a time. You should start yours. We can do an informal SAL.

      Delete
  2. I saw your interview as Blogger of the Week and came over to your blog and became a follower. You have a nice blog. I look forward to seeing more of Wind Moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb, and welcome! It's nice to have you here!

      Delete
  3. Great work on this project! I love how you can already see the moon. This is going to be a gigantic piece though, it is hard to imagine! I was super excited to see you on blogger of the week, it was interesting seeing a summary of your past pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This piece is going to be massive if I'm 5 pages in and only 1% done. I don't think I've quite wrapped my head around it yet. And the poor framer when it eventually goes to him. He thought Adrift was big.

      Delete
  4. I really loved your interview. And it was great to see a collection of your amazing finished projects. Wind Moon is looking great. I can't see any lines but it probably looks different to you. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on Turret stairs that is my favourite of your wips at the moment.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was fun to do! And I happen to have a page finish of Turret Stairs tonight and will be updating very, very shortly!

      Delete
  5. I am curious about which version of this you are stitching. I am doing the same painting, mine is the HAED regular sized one. I am starting to feel nervous about the chart. I began in the lower right corner and ALL the work is solid black and I can see clearly there should be very dark brown...any thoughts? According to the chart there are over 96,000+ stitches and 56,000+ are black.

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend that you trust the pattern. If you search on the HaED gallery, I think there is a finished one posted. That might give you a truer reference than a mini would. I know the mini for Wind Moon, for example, is much brighter tones of blues than the full size.

      Delete