Wednesday 10 August 2016

And Now Time for Something Different

I know I promised an update of Adrift, however, I found out that a lady I work with is pregnant with twins.  I was thinking of ideas for a gift, when I happened upon an old Dr. Seuss book, The Cat in the Hat. Everybody remember Thing 1 and Thing 2? 

So, I scoured the internet for pictures and found this:
Then I found a free app called CreatePattern for cross stitch and I converted these into a pattern.  It took a little bit of fussing to get the size exactly right, but this is the result!


I used 310 black and 666 red for the colours.  I'm so beyond happy with the results, I think it's beyond adorable!   Even more so, because she is hoping to keep the sex of the babies a secret. 

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you my little side project.   As of tonight I am back working on Adrift. 





10 comments:

  1. SO adorable, and perfect for any combination of boy/girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My options were somewhat limited by not knowing the sex. But i thought this was perfect too.

      Delete
  2. That? That is awesome. You totally need to pat yourself on the back for thinking of this. Such a good idea and they turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! The idea just sort of came to me while I was driving home from stitching and I ran with it. I'm really pleased it turned out so well.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow that is so cool!!! What a perfect gift in everyway. You're so talented. People have been waiting for years for my stitched baby projects Lol. Well done I absolutely love them.
    Xox Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia. The best part is they took about a week each. (I was working shift work and could only stitch for about an hour a day)

      So, fast AND adorable!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh. How cute! Great job making this very special gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to hurry up and give them to her, because twins are unpredictable and she could end up off work suddenly.

      Delete