Started Nov 3 and finished Dec 1, this page took nearly a month.
I'm back to Winter Hat Owl, the last 8 pages, with 4 of them being very small partials, so the end is in sight. I can't wait, and I've lined up my next project, which I will unveil in good time.
I have to say, I really enjoyed reading all of your favourite accessories to stitch with. Mine have become such a daily part of my stitching life, that I don't really think about them much, in short, I fear I take them for granted. So I thought I'd give you a top 10 list of favourite accessories of mine.
1. My stand. It's a K's creation, and I can easily snap my q-snap into it and work away. I know it looks a bit steampunkish, but I love it.
2. My Mighty Bright Magnifier. (the only photos of have of it have the cockatoo - sorry) It's the only thing that saves my eyes from certain blindness brought on by HaED patterns.
3. My ipad. (sorry, no photo) But using it with Goodreader has been the best thing ever. I make far fewer mistakes and the fact I can zoom that baby in so I'm only focusing on a 10x10 grid is helpful.
If you haven't converted to .pdf patterns, I highly recommend it.
4. My Q-Snaps. I'm convinced this is the best invention since sliced bread. My sad little favourite hoop has been semi retired. I now mix and match my sizes. I have put the 11x11 with the 8x8 to make a sort of landscape style Q-Snap. It works for me!
5. My floss case. I bought this around 1992 in Nova Scotia. Note the great big section in the middle that gives me scads of room for scissors and other necessities? I've never found this particular style of case again. I almost handle this with white gloves, that's how precious this is to me. A friend found one in a dollar store, but when she went back they were sold out, with no recollection of ever having them in stock. If ever any of you see one like this, I'd appreciate a heads up.
6. My Scissors. It's no secret I have a bit of an addiction when it comes to Gingher designer scissors. I can't help myself, they are just so darn beautiful! I've since collected a total of 5 that I rotate with every page.
7. My needle minders. I'm starting to get out of control with this addiction. I've even taken to making my own using old costume jewellery.
8. My needle threaders. Most useful accessory when it comes to threading Krenick and other tricky threads.
9. Wax for when your threads just won't stop knotting.
10. My Tacky Bob, which comes in dead handy for beading. Sadly, I don't have much use for it anymore, but I still pull it out and use it when I want to make some scissor fobs. (For those that don't know, a Tacky Bob looks like a cd cover, with sticky flypaper-esque paper on the inside that you can throw beads on and they won't end up all over the floor/couch/lap)
My SnagNab It. Handy, handy, handy little tool for grabbing wayward threads that aren't sitting neatly.
That's it! That's my top 10 accessory list. I need every single one of these things on my list. Stitching without them would simply be barbaric!
If you do a top 10 list on your own blog, please link to it in the comments. I love, love, love seeing your favourites!
Happy stitching, everyone!