Tuesday 3 November 2015

Winter Hat Owl, Page 12 is Complete

Started October 26 and finished November 3, this has got to be a new stitching record for me!
(Ok, technically it was a partial page, but it was 6270 stitches, so close to a full page.

Only 4 full pages and 4 partials to go and I will be done.

So I survived Halloween, and so did the cats.  Since the black one is a darter who will run out of the door whenever we open it, he had to be locked in the bathroom.  So we put him in there with food and his litter box and in protest he knocked all of the knickknacks off of the shelf and pooped in the tub.  And in 3 hours we got less than 20 kids.  I have a lot of candy left over. 

I loved hearing about how your other half supports/tolerates your hobby.  There are some good men out there! 

So I have another question for you.  What is your favorite stitching accessory/tool that you love?  It might not be something you use every day, but it's something that you can't do without? 

Mine would have to be the Snag Nab It!  What did I do without this item?   For those who don't know, its' a great little tool that is a needle with a fuzzy end that grabs those threads that are not laying nice and snug and pulls them through.  http://www.123stitch.com/item/Dritz-Snag-Nab-It/DRITZ-618
I don't use this often, but boy does it come in handy!

Anyone care to share their must have accessory?  I'd love to hear it!

I'm off to stitch Adrift.  It's almost all tail this page, so I won't be as fast, but I hope to have something to show off to you in a month or so!

Happy stitching!

~Rai Rai

13 comments:

  1. I didn't think I needed one but my needleminder is amazing. Great post and congrats on another page finish it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, needle minders are a must have for sure! I have an entire collection of them!

      Delete
  2. Your owl looks fantastic! Congratulations on another page finish. I couldn't stitch without my Gingher scissors. I only recently upgraded from the cheap pair I'd used for over 20 years and I still get a little thrill every time they snip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gingher scissors? Oh honey, now you're talking! I have, what can only be described as a fetish, for these scissors. But I'm addicted to the designer ones. It is my quest to collect Olivia's. I don't have all of them, not even close, but I do have what I think are the loveliest patterns.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post with beautiful progress on your owl.
    The little story about your cat during Halloween made me smile but I bet he wasn't smiling after being stuck in the bathroom :)
    I used to be a hoop stitcher but recently discovered qsnap and I couldn't do without them, the tension is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, I entirely agree! Q Snaps are amazing! I wish I'd thought of them! There was a bit of a learning curve with them, because they are a bit heavier than a hoop, but I rarely use my hoop anymore.
      I mix and match the 11x11 and the 8x8, so I get a landscape style. It's perfect for my frame, which is a K's Creation and the q snap fits right into.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work! That's a lot of stitches!! Great job.

    I agree with Justine's. Even though gingher's cost a lot they work amazing. I also agree with Mii on the Q-snap. But I also agree with Heather. I love my bling needleminder haha. So I guess I need it all haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me ALL the accessories! Yep, that's pretty much how I roll too!

      Delete
  5. Love the Winter Hat Owl. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love him, looks great!
    Personally I've got addicted to needle minders, they hold my charts and needles, and keep me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! Needle minders are incredibly easy to get addicted to! I love looking for old broaches that I can turn into needle minders. There's some beautiful old costume jewellery out there.

      Delete
  7. You're close to finishing both projects...can't wait to see what you'll do next!

    My favorite accessory is either my iPad or the twist up crayon pencils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, just close to finishing Winter Hat Owl. I'm just a little over halfway on Adrift. (62%). I've still got a long, looooooong way to go on her.
      But thanks for the vote of confidence!

      YES! The iPad! Now that I've started using Goodreader, I can't go back. I just can't! My Frixion pens would have made it to my "must have" list, but they've been replaced by my iPad. Pens no more!

      Delete