Thursday 9 March 2017

New Project. I Can't Believe What I've Just Committed To.


Firstly, thank you all so much for your wonderful comments about Adrift.  I still can't quite believe that she is done. I'm saving up to have her framed and hopefully should have enough saved to take her in for April.  It's so exciting! One of the ladies that I stitch with wants to come with me and help me pick a frame and matting.

So, I have been sitting on this one for a while, and it's time I added her to the roster.  I have a few by Nene Thomas in my stash, but she is calling the loudest to be stitched.  So my new project is:

Wind Moon.


I thought Adrift was a giant with 35 stitched pages.  Oh no, it appears Adrift was merely the appetizer.  Wind Moon weighs in at a whopping 65 stitched pages.  Suffice to say this will be a multiple year project.  I'll just try to do mini's and smaller projects to avoid getting burned out.

That being said, here is page 1 of 65.

7040 stitches which equals just under 2% of the project.  My husband says I am a glutton for punishment.  There isn't actually horrendous confetti in this, aside from bits and pieces here and there, so apart from it being 65 pages in size, I think it won't be an arduous project.

I've got three of the big Moon fairies by Nene Thomas, and the goal is to stitch them and hang them as a trio.  No promises, we'll have to see how this one goes first.

So there you have it, the big unveil.  

I'm now back to my little mini, Meeting on the Turret Stairs.  




19 comments:

  1. Oooh I LOVE your latest start!!! Wind Moon is stunning!! 65 pages?! A doodle for you ;) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, a doodle. That's funny. Although the first page went pretty fast. I'm lamenting the fact that I don't have endless hours to stitch anymore. I need to win the lottery, so I can stitch full time.

      Delete
  2. One stitch at a time and you'll be fine! Don't worry! And we'll all be here to support you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely Keebles. You're absolutely right, I've stitch at a time, one grid at a time, one column at a time, one page at a time, one row at a time. It's the little goals that see to the achieving of a big goal!

      Delete
  3. It is a beautiful design and will hopefully stitch up fairly quickly with large blocks of colours. Good luck!3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bekah. She's still a lot of stitches, but it could be worse. It could be a Josephine Wall design. But as crazy as I am, I'm not THAT crazy. 😉

      Delete
  4. Love your new start! Almost started this one myself, but went with Moon Indigo. It is a long commitment, but I know you are up to the challenge. I'm happy to watch your journey, and I know your will finish this light years ahead of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moon Indigo is one of the ones I want to do. There is a trio I want for my bedroom. Wind Moon, Moon Indigo and Moon Amethist.
      Do you rotate your work? I'll be following your progress closely!

      Delete
  5. I have several of Nene's also. They're retired now so it's good you got them when you did. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nene Thomas also sells stitching patterns on her site, but I don't think they are the HaED ones, and I've heard they are much smaller.
      But in a pinch, they will do, if there is one that got away!

      Delete
  6. She will keep you busy for quite a while. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous! Great choice. If anyone can finish her it's you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine. I'm glad you have faith in my ability, because right now I can't even look at the entire pattern, she's too intimidating!

      Delete
  8. Oh I love Nene's artwork. Beautiful piece. I wish you lots of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'll need, luck! So thank you!

      Delete
  9. Wow she is stunning! I read on Nene's site that the cat is actually Nene's cat. How cool is that? Looking forward to your progress on this beauty. And I can't wait to see your progress on Turret stairs. I absolutely love this artwork too.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats an adorable detail! I have a black cat, too. Viva the black cats!!!
      Turret Stairs is going slowly, but I've done the knights face and hopefully I'll have a page finish in another week.

      Delete
  10. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete