Monday 16 January 2017

Snow Stocking is Complete!

So, because my Lowry had not yet arrived, I thought I'd just keep going on Snow.  I finished the last 2 pages over the weekend, the first of the two being 2782 stitches, and the second page being 997 stitches. 

She is done! Now all I need to do is purchase some fabric and get her sewn, which I will ask my friend to do, as she did such a beautiful job when she sewed the Treasure Dragon stocking, AND the Yule Fairy stocking.  I plan on finding a grey satin fabric for her back, and if I can find piping with some silver in it, perfect, but I think I may have to be happy with plain old white.  I'll be sure to post photo's when she is all sewn..

This was a pretty fast stitch. I started her in March, 2016, and finished today, January 2017.

And now for the big announcement for my next project - although you may have guessed, as I've already got a photo and a status bar up, but the next project will be Meeting on the Turret Stairs (Mini) by Fredrick William Burton.
I have a real thing for Medieval things, and if given the chance to do my life over, I probably would have moved to England to become a historian, with my specialty being the War of the Roses. As soon as I saw this pattern, my pupils dilated, I'm sure of it.

I've never done a mini before, so I'm interested to see what, if any, detail is lost.  If it turns out well, then the goal is to do a mini and a regular size and toggle between the two.  (Just wait and see what I have on deck for the replacement of Adrift. She's everso pretty!)

Oh, and my Lowry came! Oh my god, I love that stand!  It's brilliant!  A little easier to maneuver than the K's Creation and I find I don't need to tighten as hard to get the Q-snap to stay.  This company was brilliant and the stand came on Thursday last week.  So super quick shipping too!

Well, that's it. I'm officially announcemented out.  I hope to have Adrift finished some time in February.

I'll see you all after my cruise. 



23 comments:

  1. Congrats on the beautiful finish, it looks absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll probably wait until after the cruise to have her sewn, but I'll be sure to share her here.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous finish! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a finish! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. I can't wait to see her all sewn and done.

      Delete
  4. Snow looks lovely. It was so exciting seeing her grow so quickly. What a lovely stocking that will be. Your new design is very nice, I am also interested to see how you enjoy the mini designs. Glad to hear about the stand, can it handle the weight of Adrift?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny, but I haven't yet tried Adrift in the stand. I just haven't had a chance to stitch her. I've got her in the Q snap, but I just have to find the time. I'll let you know!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations she's gorgeous! I love your new project, I'm really into medieval stuff as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've stitched to every documentary video on YouTube about Medieval lives. Do you have a favourite period?

      Delete
  6. Snow looks fantastic! She seemed to stitch up quickly as well. I hope you remember to share a photo or two with us once she's stitched up.
    I like your new start too, and how exciting that you're already choosing a replacement for Adrift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Justine, she was a pretty quick stitch. Honestly, most of the stockings are. I will be absolutely sure to post a photo of her completed. I promise.

      Delete
  7. Wow congratulations stunner! She looks amazing, can't wait to see her in her finished glory. You certainly deserve a cruise! You will have an awesome time I'm sure. I love meeting on the Turret stairs too. It's in my stash from Golden Kite. I can't wait to see the progress on this chart. Love it.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done a golden Kite design. Are they much different than HaED? Harder? Easier? More confetti? Less confetti? I'd love to know!

      Delete
    2. Harder, mostly because of the mixed floss and the outrageous amount of confetti (I HATE CONFETTI!).

      Cinzia

      Delete
  8. What an amazing finish, just spectacular!! Can't wait to see it stitched up as a stocking. Your new project is lovely, looking forward to seeing your start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will buy her fabric when I get back from holidays, and I'll be sure to post her here!

      Delete
  9. I cannot wait to see how your mini will stitch up as well, never tried one since I was afraid it would not look as good. Have a great time on your cruise!

    Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings from Grenada. I'm curious to see the finished piece as well. If it stitches up nicely, I may just do minis from here on in.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on Snow!!! I can't wait to see her all finished up. It will be a truly stunning stocking. You really are an inspiration; tackling all these gorgeous projects and actually finishing them. You give me all kinds of hope.

    And I love your choice for your new start. I'm curious too about the mini. The mockup for that particular chart does still look pretty detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far she is stitching up nicely. I have about 3 columns completed and she looks good so far. I managed to stitch quite a bit on the ship. There was a group of knitters who met daily and I stitched with the,.
      You are too kind with your lovely compliments. The reality to my finishing projects is that I'm stubborn. If I start a project, I will finish it. Same with books. I can't just not finish it. I used to be strictly a one project only stitcher, but Adrift broke me of that. About 6 pages in I needed something different, so I started Winter Hat Owl. Since then I've been working on 2 projects. The rotation works for me, but I don't think I would like to do more than 2. I like to see progress, and I don't think I would see it enough to satisfy me if I had 3 or more on the go.

      Delete
  11. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete