Monday 24 October 2016

Snow Stocking Page 6 is Complete


With a closeup by special request by Thistleberry!   Just the tiniest peek-a-boo of her wings and part of her arm.  I just noticed that my next page will be my last full page, the rest are all partials - some of which are more than 50% of the page, but still....   There are 5 pages left of this project and 5 pages left on Adrift.  Which means 2 finishes at once, which means TWO STARTS!!!!

It really is amazing how long these projects take to complete, isn't it? But I'm glad, because with Mirabilia's, which I loved to do, I could bang them off in 2-4 months, and it was just getting too expensive.  The upside of that was I could do whichever caught my eye.  But with HaED's, I have to choose carefully, because it will be a multi-year commitment, and I don't want to get stuck in the middle of one that I fall out of love with.  I'm stubborn, and would finish it anyway, but it would be arduous and not a labour of love. 

Well, the sooner I can get this posted, the sooner I can start my final row of Adrift.  So ta ta for now and I will see you in a couple of weeks. 



10 comments:

  1. She is absolutely amazing - such incredible detail!
    I had never thought about the cost element but these very large projects are good value for money in comparison to smaller ones. As long as they actually are stitched and not just started and put away as many seem to do! I love following your progress through these large designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how serial starters manage to afford buying patterns and kitting them up, only to do a page or so, and then move on to the next. They must be richer than I am!
      For me, the entire point IS the journey from start to finish. Yes, it can get boring when you're 12 pages in and not even half way, but for me, I love to stitch. So if all I have to stitch is one pattern (or two - but the second is always tucked away in a box when I'm working on the other) then that's all there is. I find once I get through a doldrum page, then it picks up again.
      For me, these huge patterns are worth the money. When you break down how many hours versus the cost, it's probably pennies on the hour.
      I'm happy to hear you enjoy following my progress. I wondered if only having progress on two projects might turn some people off. I'm glad to hear it doesn't! (((true kindred))))

      Delete
  2. Wonderful progress, well done on another page finish. Looking forward to seeing adrift again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should have an update on Adrift either tonight or tomorrow. It's boring though, only dark, dark ocean. But I will post the update anyway.

      Delete
  3. She looks so sparkly!! Great job on finishing another page. And I really love your math, it makes total sense. Cheering you on for your final 5 on both projects. I can't wait to see what you start on next too.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look sparkly, doesn't she? There is a little krenik in there, but not nearly as much as there seems to be in the photo. Mostly it's just the blending of the stitch.
      My next page of snow is a full one. There should be lots of lovely detail unfolding.
      Stay tuned!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing the details of the stitching in the closeup and then how it all blends together into the picture in the overall shot. It's so cool. It's part of the magic of gargantuan cross stitch projects. Eeee! Thank you.

    TWO new starts?! That's double the possibilities! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I know you like the close up, I will always include it. Thanks for speaking up!
      It really is quite amazing how just a few blended threads really make a picture pop, isn't it?
      These projects certainly aren't for the faint of heart, but they are so worth the journey!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Good luck with finishing them how exciting! I'm interested to see what you pick next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of excited to see what I choose next too. I should have a new project by tomorrow.

      Delete