Sunday 2 December 2012

IT'S DONE!! DONE, I SAY!

Ok, so I'm not the best picture taker. This was taken while it was still in the Q-Snap, so it looks a bit uneven, but it's finished!

The little blue dots in the background that aren't showing up very well at all are 4 beads. THIS is what took me about 4 days to complete.

I love the writing. It was done one over one, so the characters came out really sharp!

I'm really happy with this.  It took about 4 months to complete.  I started it in the first week of August.

Now I'm on to a Heaven and Earth Christmas stocking, which will be interrupted by a Stony Creek afghan that is on order, and that I have a very short amount of time to complete, because my best friend is ready to pop in about 2 weeks!

Boy, I've just gotta say, there is nothing more satisfying than completing a project!  Jes saying.

~Rai Rai

8 comments:

  1. You should be proud. It is an awesome finish:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really please with how it turned out. I was supposed to put little gold beads in the Celtic knots, but it just felt too busy to me. So I decided to leave it out.

      I think I made the right decision.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is absolutely beautiful. Well worth all that beading time I would say because it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knew as I was beading that the end result would be worth it. It just seemed endless when I was right in the thick of it, so to speak.

      I was supposed to add gold beads to the knotwork, but it just seemed a little too over the top. And I think in this case, less is more really worked in its favor.

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous! It only took you 4 months?! Amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, about 4 months. But I stitch every night, even if it's just for an hour. But I usually average about 200 stitches a day. It's amazing how quickly that adds up.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love it!!! I can't wait to see how you frame it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Framing might be a little way in the future. But I'd like to!

      Delete